Capital One Activate
Activate a credit card from Capital One in under a minute. Customers who already have an existing Capital One account can sign in with their username and password while customer who are new to Capital One Credit Cards will have to register. To register for the Capital One Activate service customers will need their Capital One Account Number, SSN, a personal email address, and the recently issued credit card, to view the 3-digit security code on the back. Any questions about the registration process can be brought to the attention of customer care agent by calling 1-800-CAPITAL (1-800-227-4825). For customers who would rather apply for a Capital One credit card over the phone please call 1-800-695-5500.
Popular credit cards issued by Capital One?
- Venture (for travelers)
- Quicksilver (for people who like cash back)
- Journey Student (designed for students with good credit)
- Spark Cash (offered to the small business owner who needs a line of credit)
Most Capital One Card applications should only take a few minutes to complete and the customer should receive a decision instantly. When applying for a Capital One card a PO Box cannot be used (please note the customer can switch the address to a PO Box after the application has been approved and the customer has the credit card in their possession).
Credit Card Application Notes
- For cards that are not provided a decision instantly (or within the first 60 seconds please dial 1-800-903-9177 for the status)
- All customers will receive a formal letter by US Mail with the decision made by Capital One regarding the app
- Those who are approved should allow up to 10 days for their card to arrive
When traveling outside the US Capital One will NOT charge a fee for using the credit card for foreign currency transactions. Foreign purchases will be converted at the foreign exchange rate in effect at the time of processing the charge according to the FAQ distributed by Capital One.