MasterCard Secure Code
Sign up for enhanced security when shopping online with MasterCard. The enrollment process is super easy and requires the customer’s card number and the ability to provide the customer banking information through a private code. SecureCode works with the customers existing MasterCard account so there is no need to sign up for a new account online. The MasterCard Secure Code offers another layer of protection (which is crucial to help protect against fraud these days) and merchants are not allowed to see the card holders private code.
MasterCard SecureCode Benefits & Enrollment Notes
- This service prevents almost ALL “card holder unauthorized” or “card holder not recognized” chargebacks
- The MasterCard account holders private SecureCode will be needed whenever making a purchase online at the time of check out (similar to entering a PIN number at a ATM)
- If THE CARD HOLDERS financial institution (aka bank or credit union) uses SMS/Text messages for SecureCode authentication the customer will need to contact the customer service number for their banking institution which is typically found on the back of the customers card
- This service is available for both MasterCard credit AND debit cards
- Members will have to go through a short security test in order to sign up for the MasterCard SecureCode Enrollment program
Any questions about the secure code service can be directed to a MasterCard customer service agent at 1-800-627-8372 or call collect by dialing 636-722-7111. For those who have lost their card or have it misplaced should be eligible for a replacement or reimbursement at no charge to the card holder.
MasterCard is based in O’Fallon MO but the corporate headquarters is located at 2000 Purchase Street, Purchase, NY 10577 and can be reached by phone by calling 914-249-2000. The firm is in heated competition with the likes of Visa, American Express, Discover and a more recent inductee into the credit card world…. PayPal.